Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Sutton Common Rovers app


SCR (Sunday) - Match centre

SCR Sunday
Royal Admiral
Sun 9 Dec 10:00 - Cup Full time

SCR Sunday into county cup last 16


SCR Sunday progressed to the Last 16 of the Surrey Intermediate Cup when they comfortably saw off fellow Division Two side Royal Admiral on Sunday.

The lads started brightly and almost took the lead inside two minutes when a low Tommy Prescott shot was well saved by the keeper, and Charlie Anderson was just unable to turn the loose ball home.

However we didn't have long to wait when Nathan Oliver fired home a free kick on four minutes to put us ahead. We continued to hold the upper hand, but a combination of poor finishing and

Midway through the half and Royal Admiral equalised. A foul in the area led to a penalty which was duly converted, as the strike sent went to Jack Meredith's right as he went left, however an eagle eyed official spotted encroachment and ordered a retake. From this kick, the ball and keeper both went the same way they did for the first penalty, and we were level again at 1-1.

The visitors thought they had gone ahead a couple of minutes later when a ball into the area was turned in at the near post, but the effort was ruled out for handball. This signalled a meltdown from a couple of Admiral players, and there mood was not helped on the half hour when Oliver fired home another free kick for 2-1.

Oliver should have had a hat-trick on 35 minutes but somehow lofted the ball over, after being set up by Prescott, but we did not have long to wait until it was 3-1. This time the barnstorming Michael Appiason powered beyond the full back and dinked the ball to Jordan Meredith who calmly stroked the ball home, giving us a 3-1 half time lead.

Royal Admiral started brightly in the second half but despite a few good moves, they were unable to trouble Jack Meredith in our goal. We gradually re-asserted our hold on the game, and increased our lead on the hour. Sonny Ayres was fouled on the edge of the area, and from the free kick he thumped home the free kick for 4-1.

Admiral had a couple more chances, but again were guilty of poor finishing, and we increased our lead on 83 minutes when a delightful ball to the back stick by Prescott was volleyed home by Matt Woolley and Woolley was the provider a minute later when his cross was turned into his own net by an Admiral defender.

We had further chances as the clock run down, Prescott fired over when others were well placed, and Oliver latched onto a neat ball by Ayres, but dragged his effort wide.

Still, shouldn't grumble at a 6-1 win and a place in the last 16, where we will face holders Larkspur Rovers

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.


Loading comments

Team sponsor


Club sponsors