Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Sutton Common Rovers app


First - Match centre

Horley Town
Sutton Common Rovers
Sat 28 Apr 15:00 - The Cherry Red Records Combined Counties Football League 1 - Premier Division Full time

Bore draw at Horley


The first team's league campaign is limping to an end, after their second successive disappointing draw.

Having needed a late penalty to earn a point at Banstead Athletic the lads knew that promotion was out of their hands, we needed to win, and Bedfont Sports to drop points.

Rovers started brightly and forced a corner in the opening minutes after good work by Adam Allen, but that came to nothing. Michael Campbell then left Horley keeper George Hyde in a heap on the floor, after catching him with a late challenge.

Kerran Boylan pinched the ball off Andrew White on ten minutes, but Owen Davies covered round and cleared, before Jean-Luc Kinsaba was fouled at the other end as we tried to excert some pressure.

Horley began to put us under a little pressure, with Scott Robson firing wide of the left hand post after good work by Ben Herdman. Our hosts continued to hold the upper hand, and Robson found Ryan Smith who saw his shot from distance also go wide

Twenty-two minutes in and Asa-Rixon-Nicholls did well to release White, but Horley defended well, and from the throw in Aaron Bogles delivery was well gathered by Hyde, who must have had thoughts of the earlier clattering in the back of his mind.

The game was entering a phase, which some might say it never game out of, of some really dull play, with neither side able to fashion a decent chance or keep possession for any meaningful period of time.

Hyde gathered a long range shot from White on 35 minutes, and a minute later Michael Eacott made an uncomfortable looking save from a long range strike by Smith and Bogle had to hook the loose ball clear.

Eacott saved well on 37 minutes from a fizzed strike by Martin Harris, and on 42 minutes good link up by Daryl Cooper-Smith and Dan Dean almost set Kinsaba away but he was hauled down by Raithe Standen. The free kick was poor, intercepted by Horley and Bogle was forced into a strong challenge on the halfway line, on Boylan, which allowed us to regroup.

Campbell then ended the half with a booking, after a mistimed challenge on Jack Poplett.

Half time came scoreless, and with the news Bedfont were ahead.

Early in the second half, and Kinsaba caused problems on the left, which were was well defended by Standen, Horley broke and a ball inside Dean and Davies let in Harris but his shot was well saved by Eacott.

White found Campbell on 53 minutes, and his low cross eluded both defenders and on-rushing Rovers attackers, before finding Cooper-Smith who fired over.

Darren Salmon made his first change just shy of the hour, with Dan Dean making way for Craig Hastings. Almost immediately a ball over the top saw Alex Barbary beat Eacott, but his effort was cleared off the line by Davies.

Eacott then saved well at the feet of Barbary, after a long clearance by Hyde had been flicked on by Boylan. Rovers twice went close on 70 minutes, Kinsaba did well on the left but his cross saw White and Campbell get in each others way and the chance went begging. From the clearance, Hastings won the header, White found Allen but his shot went narrowly wide of the right hand post.

A minute later and a White corner found Davies, but his header went wide of the right hand post, and news filtered through that Walton & Hersham had levelled and a goal was needed.

With 15 minutes to go we made our final change with Rixon-Nicholls making way for Mason Seagroatt. Eacott saved superbly from Harris on 81 minutes, and a Bogle cross was turned goalwards by Campbell and comfortably gathered by Hyde. There was also disappointing news that Bedfont had scored and effectively sealed promotion.

Matt Ferdinando replaced Adam Allen on 83 minutes, but there was little else to report on apart from a stoppage time booking for Bogle after a foul on Harris.

Andrew White

Player of the Match

Andrew White


View 0 new events
93:00 Player of the Match
Andrew White is awarded player of the match for Sutton Common Rovers
93:00 Clean Sheet Bonus
Michael Eacott keeps a clean sheet for Sutton Common Rovers
End of period 2
92:00 Yellow Card
Aaron Bogle is yellow carded for Sutton Common Rovers
83:00 Sub Off
Adam Allen is substituted off for Sutton Common Rovers
83:00 Sub On
Matt Ferdinando is substituted on for Sutton Common Rovers
75:00 Sub On
Mason Seagroatt is substituted on for Sutton Common Rovers
75:00 Sub Off
Asa Rixon is substituted off for Sutton Common Rovers
57:00 Sub On
Craig Hastings is substituted on for Sutton Common Rovers
57:00 Sub Off
Dan Dean is substituted off for Sutton Common Rovers
End of period 1
45:00 +2:00 Yellow Card
Michael Campbell is yellow carded for Sutton Common Rovers
Start of the game
Replay game

As it happened

  • Horley Town
  • Sutton Common Rovers
  • 0
  • Michael Campbell Yellow Card 45:00 +2:00'
  • Craig Hastings Sub On 57:00'
  • Dan Dean Sub Off 57:00'
  • Mason Seagroatt Sub On 75:00'
  • Asa Rixon Sub Off 75:00'
  • Adam Allen Sub Off 83:00'
  • Matt Ferdinando Sub On 83:00'
  • Aaron Bogle Yellow Card 92:00'

Team selection

Eacott, Michael Eacott, Michael
White, Andrew White, Andrew
Bogle, Aaron Bogle, Aaron
Kinsaba, Jean-Luc Kinsaba, Jean-Luc
Davies, Owen Davies, Owen
Dean, Dan Dean, Dan
Allen, Adam Allen, Adam
Rixon, Asa Rixon, Asa
Cooper-Smith, Daryl Cooper-Smith, Daryl
Campbell, Michael Campbell, Michael
Farrell, Matt Farrell, Matt

League round up

Other Premier Division results

Walton & Hersham
Camberley Town
Colliers Wood United
Banstead Athletic
Godalming Town
Hanworth Villa
North Greenford United


Loading comments

League table

# Team Pl Pts
1. Westfield 42 106
2. Bedfont Sports 42 93
3. Sutton Common Rovers 42 87
4. Walton & Hersham 42 84
5. Balham 42 75
6. Redhill 42 65
7. Camberley Town 42 65

Team sponsors


Club sponsors